Monster Fixes

Information on new updates to the shard as well as what's to come
Death

Monster Fixes

Post by Death »

As you may already know, not all creatures in ultima act the way they are supposed to. There are a lot of todo's in the code for loot packs, abilities and so on. I will be going around and fixing the monsters that have todo's in the code. Most of the fixes are minor but some of them will change the way you look at certain enemies. A few examples you may have seen already are the kraken and the antlions. The krakens now shoot water balls and the antlions will dig tunnels and spit poison (As talked about in code comments as well as stratics). If you know of any creature that should be working a different way, please let me know. I will require some kind of proof of course.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:511, old post ID:2894
Gaiava Arkkaza

Monster Fixes

Post by Gaiava Arkkaza »

Harrower = explode corpses. I'm checking if it does area damages or just [delete the body.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:511, old post ID:2930
Brunus
Lymus

Monster Fixes

Post by Lymus »

Gaiava Arkkaza wrote:Harrower = explode corpses. I'm checking if it does area damages or just [delete the body.
Both.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:511, old post ID:2932
If you give someone a program, you will frustrate them for a day; if you teach them how to program, you will frustrate them for a lifetime.
Gaiava Arkkaza

Monster Fixes

Post by Gaiava Arkkaza »

I can imagine it...

*harrowers explodes certain person's corpse*
*corpse splits as if someone used a knife on it*
*blood elemental death effect*
*corpse gets deleted*

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:511, old post ID:2935
Brunus
Red Squirrel

Monster Fixes

Post by Red Squirrel »

I would make it so the items get thrown around too, and the body parts as well, and a pile of bones can remain where the body was.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:511, old post ID:2936
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
Gaiava Arkkaza

Monster Fixes

Post by Gaiava Arkkaza »

Yeah, on OSI you lose everything on the body though. Not like we're Dem... OSI-Like anyways. :P

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:511, old post ID:2938
Brunus
Death

Monster Fixes

Post by Death »

Hmm that actually can be done. Just have the limbs spawned relative to the x,y,z location of the corpse. I just need to get the ids and declare a new object. Particle effects as well :D. Seeing as harrower is not a big thing (Not spawned very often) it won't be done for awhile. SE monsters will be getting priority of course :). Wanderer of the void also has something with it that I'll need to research (Think it elemental shifts its resists).

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:511, old post ID:2941
Gaiava Arkkaza

Monster Fixes

Post by Gaiava Arkkaza »

Yes, but harrower is way more important then a wanderer of the void. And actually, the unique SE spot to be used is the champ spawn really.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:511, old post ID:2953
Brunus
Death

Monster Fixes

Post by Death »

Gaiava Arkkaza wrote:Yes, but harrower is way more important then a wanderer of the void. And actually, the unique SE spot to be used is the champ spawn really.
Hmmmm harrower would probably be more important than the wanderer of the void but I still believe the SE monsters have higher priority. There are a lot of todo's to do in the code such as oni's angry fire attack, fan dancer's defensive bonus, lady of the snow's snowball, kappas and their soul sapping. The new abilities will add more variety to the spawns instead of the simple mageAI, damage/hp/int mods.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:511, old post ID:2956