Just wanted to let you guys know...

This is a catch all off topic forum to talk about anything not covered by other sections.
Clueless

Post by Clueless »

My father (Bookworm), my mother, and my youngest sister were in a pretty severe car accident a couple of weeks ago on Sunday the 15th. They are all alive and doing well, considering how bad it could have been. My dad got the worst of it and is still in the hospital right now. He's got a few broken ribs and his lungs were pretty bruised up which is causing him a lot of difficulty with breathing. He was actually in the ICU for about a week so they could keep an eye on his oxygen level. He's doing better now though, but it's going to be a long recovery process. My mother also has a fractured rib and a broken arm but she only stayed in the hospital for a couple of nights, and she's doing very well right now. My little sister only got scrapes and bruises, so thank God for that.

My dad wanted me to let you all know since he comes back here every once in awhile, and he had recently created a few topics he was hoping to get back to. I was hoping to post a few days ago but I've been crazy busy. Please pray for my dad!

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4031, old post ID:70074
"I don't have cat-like reflexes. Cats say they have Alex-like reflexes." - Alex
"I've never seen your ears. Do you even have ears?" - Robbie
"You threw away your friendship salami?!"
"My you're sexy when I'm drunk! And when im sober too!" - Gallagher
Clueless

Post by Clueless »

Article on the accident

The guy who hit them had a blood alcohol level of .22. It's really ridiculous what happened. They were driving 55mph when the guy came up behind them and hit them going at least 80mph. Don't know what he was thinking when he got in that car. He's had a previous DWI.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4031, old post ID:70075
manadren

Post by manadren »

Wow, I'm kinda of impressed that Bookworm would even think about us after an accident like that. Glad to hear he's out of the ICU and hope he heals up quickly. Sorry to hear about you mother and sister as well, but at least they seem to be doing all right.

I have nothing to say about the drunk driver... that's beyond stupid.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4031, old post ID:70076
Clueless

Post by Clueless »

Haha yeah, he's really into his forums. I thought it was kind of funny that he was thinking about it at all, but he does spend a good amount of time on debate forums so I'm sure it's on his mind often enough anyway lol. And at that point he didn't have his glasses, so he couldn't even watch tv or read to distract himself.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4031, old post ID:70077
Red Squirrel

Post by Red Squirrel »

Wow sorry to hear, but I'm very happy they are doing well to consider how much worse it could have been. Hopefully they recover 100%. Broken bones are no fun. :(

I'm also glad that drunktard got caught and lets hope justice is served well to him. My prayers will be with you guys.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4031, old post ID:70078
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

I just got home from the hospital two days ago, but I have to be in a back brace for a couple months. One of my vertebrae was broken in the accident. It will be a while before I'm comfortable sitting for long periods of time in front of the computer.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4031, old post ID:70080
manadren

Post by manadren »

I wouldn't push the computer time too much if I was was you, but still it's good to see you back Bookworm.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4031, old post ID:70085
ycontrol

Post by ycontrol »

Wow, that is terrible news but I'm glad everyone made it out to tell the story and glad to see you are back home Book, get well soon buddy!

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4031, old post ID:70089
"Never be game over"