PSP User's Guide

Anything technology related that does not fit in other categories
Pyr-O-Rgasm

PSP User's Guide

Post by Pyr-O-Rgasm »

I COULD write a follow-up, IF:

1. I had the initiative to write anything.

2. I had more time. I STILL have to finish the last bit of buttons for the IceTeks Winamp skin, I have to finish my Gir PGP insert, and I'm patiently awaiting a call from AMC Theaters to see if I've been accepted.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:29285
Pyr-O-Rgasm

PSP User's Guide

Post by Pyr-O-Rgasm »

OH WOW! I just searched "psp iceteks" on Google and found some sites linking to our articles! :o

So it's not only Google helping us! Other sites are linking to us!

GeekExtreme

NForcersHQ

PSPHacker((NOT PSPHacks which is now PSPUpdates))

NTCompatible

These are just a few, other sites to link to us are:

http://www.techreport.com

http://www.fastlanehw.com

http://www.rabidhardware.net

http://www.cooltechzone.com

http://www.techwatch.com.au/index.php - This site says, "IceTeks has a play round with the Sony PSP. "My first impression of this beast in action was pure Awe. Capitalized for enthusiasm. The system looks really sexy even when it's turned off. It has a very sleek design." Wow, they said "ICETEKS has a play round". That means I'm part of IceTeks? :lol:

http://www.8dimensional.com

These aren't NEAR as many as I could find. I only grabbed links off of the first 2-3 Google search pages. This is awesome! :banana:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:29296
sintekk

PSP User's Guide

Post by sintekk »

Pyr-O-Rgasm wrote: Wow, they said "ICETEKS has a play round". That means I'm part of IceTeks? :lol:
Well, you are a moderator, aren't you? :P

I'm surprised with all that traffic, more posts related to the PSP haven't showed up :o

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:29298
Pyr-O-Rgasm

PSP User's Guide

Post by Pyr-O-Rgasm »

I yam. But I would never have imagined being thought of as part of IceTeks.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:29308
sintekk

PSP User's Guide

Post by sintekk »

sadava wrote: hi there been reading your info on PSP which i have managed to download music but when i cum to open PSP file on my computer it does not mention anything bout videos or photos not very computer literate but any help greatly appreciated
:banghead:
For videos, use PSPVideo9 (http://www.pspvideo9.com/), it'll handle it all for you, even transferring your file(s) to the psp. As for pictures, there should be a folder on the memory stick either under X:/Photos or X:/PSP/Photos, with X being the letter your PC assigns the PSP. Just drop your images into the photos folder, wherever it is.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:30528
Pyr-O-Rgasm

PSP User's Guide

Post by Pyr-O-Rgasm »

sadava wrote: hi there been reading your info on PSP which i have managed to download music but when i cum to open PSP file on my computer it does not mention anything bout videos or photos not very computer literate but any help greatly appreciated
:banghead:
Before you add anything to your stick, go to settings and Format Memory Stick. It's alot easier than creating all the directories yourself. If you have 2.0 it creates more directories((because 2.0 NEEDS more directories)).

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:30531
Pyr-O-Rgasm

PSP User's Guide

Post by Pyr-O-Rgasm »

Chong Xiong wrote: hi i'm chong....i have a question about my password....where is the password located....and if u got ur psp from your uncle and he said he never did nothing to the password and he doesn't know.....what am i suppost to do...email me at pho_xiong@hotmail.com
Hmmm.... Restore System Defaults? That should do it. But the password section is... Damn... I can't remember now. But yeah, restore your system defaults if there isn't anything important that you can't remember((settings)).

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:30626
sintekk

PSP User's Guide

Post by sintekk »

Weeellllll... if you like your music in .wav format and your pictures in .png, you can use this:
http://pspupdates.qj.net/2005/09/psp-music...ics-beta-3.html

For most people, though, there's no practical way to view pics and listen to mp3s.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:30696
Pyr-O-Rgasm

PSP User's Guide

Post by Pyr-O-Rgasm »

Rwilli wrote: Hi - is it possible to listen to music and view photo's at the same time on the PSP? As soon as I try to view a pic while listening to music, the song pauses...

Thanks.
Once you leave one option and go to another the first one stops. Like trying to view the actual battery level and playing a game.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:30697
sintekk

PSP User's Guide

Post by sintekk »

Guest wrote: http://pspupdates.qj.net/

Looks like they got an eboot reader for 2.0 now. Now, if they could get around that pesky size limit for the exploit, this'd be solid gold.
That was me. My bad.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:30705
sintekk

PSP User's Guide

Post by sintekk »

http://files.pspupdates.qj.net/cgi-bin/cfi...0,0,0,0,12,1464

Hahaha, they made Chex Quest for the PSP :D

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:30723
Pyr-O-Rgasm

PSP User's Guide

Post by Pyr-O-Rgasm »

Ok.... But I do believe I've set it multiple times. Not sure to what, anymore. :lol:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:32206
Pyr-O-Rgasm

PSP User's Guide

Post by Pyr-O-Rgasm »

TheKLF99 wrote: AVLS - I notice not many people can figure out what AVLS does or stands for, I think it's probably something like Automatic Volume Level Setting, my guess at what it does is that it stops the volume in the headphones exceeding a "safe" level, so that you won't be doing your hearing as much damage as having it blasting out. However I wouldn't guarantee that it will not cause hearing damage when switched on.
That makes sense. BTW, did I actually mention that or are you just mentioning it? Because I seriously don't remember what I typed that far back. :lol:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:33248
Pyr-O-Rgasm

PSP User's Guide

Post by Pyr-O-Rgasm »

Guest wrote:
Strachan,Dec 27 2005, 04:50 AM wrote: [FONT=Impact]
How do i get my WLAN turnd on it is really anoying me :thumbsdown: :angry:

On your PSP? It's the switch on the left of the PSP. Right next to the Memory Stick port. :thumbsup:

If you need your NETWORK((wireless internet[WiFi])) turned on, then talk to Red Squirrel. He can probably talk you through it. All of this is common sense to me, so I have troubles explaining what to do and what to do if you mess up. :banghead:

That was me.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:33252
Pyr-O-Rgasm

PSP User's Guide

Post by Pyr-O-Rgasm »

sam wrote: i transfer music on my psp by computer and when i go and look for the music i cant find it anywhere!!! can some1 help plz!!! :(
Make sure it is in "PSP > MUSIC". K? Before you put anything on your stick, go to Settings and Format You Memory Stick, that way all the directories are there. EVERYONE((or ALOT of them, atleast)) seem to be having that problem((not realising you need directories)).
hey i just bought a used psp. but it already has a password set.. and the parental control on. how can i change those?

~sick of the run around-WA
Have you tried reseting factory settings? That puts EVERYTHING back to how it was from the factory. :thumbsup:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:33266
Pyr-O-Rgasm

PSP User's Guide

Post by Pyr-O-Rgasm »

kitster wrote: hey m8 i do not know wher to make my videos folder on the stick and i want to locate it on my psp
If you are using firmware 2.0+ then it when you format your stick it automatically creates the correct folders.

That is how the directories are suppose to be set up. 100MNV is where your videos go. :thumbsup:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:33278
Pyr-O-Rgasm

PSP User's Guide

Post by Pyr-O-Rgasm »

kitster wrote: cheers m8 tht reli helped you are a legend i wish you lived in my house everyday!
Don't thank me, not for that directory map, atleast. My good friend ColumbianCartel made that. B)
another question lol mmmmmmm i put a trailer on my psp but it starts playin thn says 'video cannot be played' how can i fix this problem?
So the video actually starts up and plays a bit before saying it can't be played? That is odd. Not sure how to fix that, as I have troubles with videos and just say, "Screw that" when it happens. :lol:
erm ... i have a problem with WLAN ... if any1 could tell me the location for WLAN to turn it on ... then i wud be happy ... cos me and my m8s wud like to play some games plz ... thanks arleady

i thought u might know ... pyr-o-rgasm
It is on the left of the PSP. Right there above the Memory Stick Duo slot((above it, if the PSP is laying down, that is)). Also, for playing games with friends, check your channel. Go to "Network Settings", it's on the very left of the menu and all the way to the bottom. Then click on Ad Hoc((that is PSP-to-PSP instead of PSP-internet-PSP which is Infrastructure)). Make sure everyone is on the same channel before you start playing((trust me, it is quite bothersome if you don't do this FIRST)). Even if you're on Automatic, everyone else has to be, too. For some stupid reason, "Automatic" doesn't actually work. :(

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:33288
Anonymous

PSP User's Guide

Post by Anonymous »

THANKS A BUNCH ... Ure a lifesaver ... i now know why nothing on my psp will not work ... thanks ... u saved my PSP's life in the open lol ... ive been trying to get some1 to answer for days on end then i found this site ... and u and thank god ... u saved me tyvm

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:33296
Pyr-O-Rgasm

PSP User's Guide

Post by Pyr-O-Rgasm »

kitster wrote: wat is the dcim branch about?
If you have a digital camera you'll notice it's the same folder that digital cameras use. You put pictures in it. Yeah, it's a completely useless folder.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:33305
Anonymous

PSP User's Guide

Post by Anonymous »

Umm...I can't figure out how to get music onto my PSP, and I have tried opening up the window and dragging the songs into it but it still does not have any songs, please help me!!!!! :stupid:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:33342
Pyr-O-Rgasm

PSP User's Guide

Post by Pyr-O-Rgasm »

I'll try to get both of you at the same time. Ok, here we go.

1. When you first insert your memory stick, BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING, go STRAIGHT TO THE SETTINGS AND FORMAT YOUR STICK! It will create all the necessary directories and such.

2. If you already have game saves and what-not, don't worry, you can create the folders yourself.

3. Connect your USB cable into your PSP and your PC. Go into USB Mode at the far left, very top of the PSP main menu.

4. Double click "My Computer"((or "Start > My Computer" for WinXP)). Look for the removable drive, I only have one but not sure how many you might have. Just check them all until you find your PSP.

5. On your stick should be a folder called "PSP". If it is not there, simply create it.

6. After "PSP" comes "GAME", "PHOTO", "MUSIC", and "SAVEFILE". I might be a little off on spelling or not adding s's or something, check the chart I posted earlier. It should help.

7. Now, these are pretty self-explanatory folders, right? Game isn't used yet except for homebrew and firmware updates. Photo is where you put your images for viewing on the PSP. Music is where your MP3 files go. SAVEFILE is where the PSP saves games at.

8. You'll notice extra folders next to "PSP". "MP_ROOT" and "DCIM". Anyone with a digital camera should recognize "DCIM". "DCIM" is ANOTHER folder to put pictures. If you notice under "PHOTO" in the PSP menu you'll see "Digital Camera" or something similar. Yep, that's where that folder gets its images. Completely pointless, so don't worry about even creating this folder, at all.

9. "MP_ROOT" is where your videos go. Inside "MP_ROOT" is another folder, "100MNV01". You stick all of your MPEG4 encoded videos there. The file names MUST be "M4Vxxxxx", where the x's are 5 random numbers. Any numbers will work.

That is all there is to it. Feel free to ask more questions if you need help.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:33346
Pyr-O-Rgasm

PSP User's Guide

Post by Pyr-O-Rgasm »

James UK wrote: DCIM is a photos folder, DCIM stands for Digital Camera Images.
Yes. I stated that. It is a completely POINTLESS folder to have.

Thank you for clearing up that the PSP won't recognize more than one sub-folder in the each category.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:33377
Pyr-O-Rgasm

PSP User's Guide

Post by Pyr-O-Rgasm »

Ummmm.... Yeeeeaahh.... Odds are, you won't get it fixed.

If you bought it in China, then there would not have been a problem. If you bought it outside of China, Sony will not take it back. They don't accept send-ins of imported PSPs.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:33382
Pyr-O-Rgasm

PSP User's Guide

Post by Pyr-O-Rgasm »

wahhab wrote: :lol: hi thank u so much but wat is a WLAN swicth plzzzzzzzzzzzzz :blush:

It enables the PSP's wireless for multiplayer gaming and internet browsing. It is located by the memory stick port.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:33447
Pyr-O-Rgasm

PSP User's Guide

Post by Pyr-O-Rgasm »

robbie wrote: Question
When I switch on the psp it comes on for a sec and turns itself off, it does this maybe 4 or 5 times before eventually it comes on and stays on. Can somebody please tell me if this is normal or do I have a faulty psp
My first guess would be that you have a faulty PSP. It definitely was not programmed to do that.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:33478