PSP User's Guide

Anything technology related that does not fit in other categories
Red Squirrel

PSP User's Guide

Post by Red Squirrel »

This mini guide should get you started with knowing the functions and features of your PSP.

http://www.iceteks.com/articles.php/pspmanual/1

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:26297
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
Pyr-O-Rgasm

PSP User's Guide

Post by Pyr-O-Rgasm »

That link doesn't work for me. Are you sure it's iceteks.loc?

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:26298
Red Squirrel

PSP User's Guide

Post by Red Squirrel »

Yeah I changed it right after, that's my local server, works now.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:26301
Red Squirrel

PSP User's Guide

Post by Red Squirrel »

Opps I hit the delete button instead of quote.

I probably meant to do it though. Was just another non constructive critisism.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:26398
Pyr-O-Rgasm

PSP User's Guide

Post by Pyr-O-Rgasm »

Yes, I figured that out about a week ago. Thanks for letting me know, though. :awesome:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:26404
Pyr-O-Rgasm

PSP User's Guide

Post by Pyr-O-Rgasm »

MercuryFree wrote: WLAN power save...it turns off the wireless capability when you're not using it to save power
Ah, so I can keep the WLAN switch turned on? I always turn it off when I'm not using it.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:26441
Pyr-O-Rgasm

PSP User's Guide

Post by Pyr-O-Rgasm »

You probably didn't find it because it wasn't posted until a week or more after the PSP was released. About 2 weeks afterwards, I do believe.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:26633
Pyr-O-Rgasm

PSP User's Guide

Post by Pyr-O-Rgasm »

Yeah, someone else posted that. Then my friend pointed it out.

Thanks anyways. B)

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:26776
Anonymous

PSP User's Guide

Post by Anonymous »

I JUST WANT TO SAY THANK YOU FOR YOUR ARTICLE...I THOUGHT IT WAS VERY WELL THOUGHT OUT AND VERY EASY TO UNDERSTAND...U C I WAS HAVING SOME TROUBLE FIGURING OUT HOW TO TRANSFER MY MUSIC ONTO MY PSP BUT THANKS TO YOUR ARTICLE I WAS ABLE TO FIGURE IT OUT ....WELL SINCE I JUST GOT MY PSP LIKE YESTERDAY (AND I LOVE THE DARN THING) ITS MY NEW AMERICAN EXPRESS CARD I AM NEVER LEAVING HOME WITHOUT IT. WELL, HEY MAYBE U SHOULD WRITE MANUALS FOR DUMMIES OR SOMETHING JUST A THOUGHT CUZ U REALLY HELPED THIS DUMMY OUT...LOL....NAW BUT IF U CAN, CAN U PLEASE GO INTO A LITTLE BIT MORE DETAIL BOUT HOW TO TRANSFER PIC...I UNDERSTAND THAT IF U HAVE A DIGITAL CAMERA ALL U HAVE TO DO IS SIMPLY INSERT THE MEMORY CARD INTO THE DIGITAL CAMERA AND THEN INSERT INTO UR PSP AND WOLA...BUT I AM ALMOST POSITIVE THAT I DID EVERYTHING RIGHT AND STILL I CAN'T C THE PICTURE ... I HAD MY USB PLUG INTO MY PSP, WENT TO THE SETTINGS MENU ON THE PSP, THEN TO USB AND ON MY COMPUTER CHOSE THE PIC I WANTED, COPIED IT TO THE DESIGNATED FOLDER, BUT WHEN I WENT TO PHOTO OPTION ON MY PSP IT SAID NO IMAGES...WELL I DIDN'T MEAN TO TAKE UP SO MUCH OF UR TIME I JUST WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU FOR UR INSTRUCTION THEY REALLY MADE THINGS A LOT EASIR TO UNDERSTAND THAN THE REAL MANUAL....BYE

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:26902
Pyr-O-Rgasm

PSP User's Guide

Post by Pyr-O-Rgasm »

What format was the picture? It has to be JPEG. It can't be .BMP, .GIF, .PNG, etc. Has to be .JPG.

Hope you figure it out, and try not to type in caps all the time. It gets a bit bothersome to read. :awesome:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:26909
aznsamaritan

PSP User's Guide

Post by aznsamaritan »

errr go buy a psp cable?then come back and we'll talk :)

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:27362
Pyr-O-Rgasm

PSP User's Guide

Post by Pyr-O-Rgasm »

Jacque wrote: i was wondering if someone might could help me- im not to big on the psp and all but one of my friends gave me one and i have nothin but the psp itslef, so im kindy clueless on how to put music on it or play games or anything in that order- what can i do can anyone help?
Well... To play games, you must buy the games. Buy a USB to Mini USB-b and then come back for instructions on video and music playback.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:27427
Pyr-O-Rgasm

PSP User's Guide

Post by Pyr-O-Rgasm »

Sorry people for not being on here to help. There should be an option in the Settings to format the memory stick. It will create the necessary folders, EXCEPT those for video. Everything involving music and photos is pretty much common sense after that.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:27509
aznsamaritan

PSP User's Guide

Post by aznsamaritan »

^ the post up there is mine..i forgot to sign on ._.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:27512
Pyr-O-Rgasm

PSP User's Guide

Post by Pyr-O-Rgasm »

Yes, you can view the files on your memory stick. It acts as removable storage, because that's basically what it is. It SHOULD show up on My Computer as Removable Drive. I'm pretty sure. If you aren't running Windows, I'm not sure what you go to in order to access removable storage.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:27534
Pyr-O-Rgasm

PSP User's Guide

Post by Pyr-O-Rgasm »

Before you do anything, go into the Settings and options on the PSP itself and find Format Memory Stick. That's the easiest way to get all the directories((except for video, it doesn't make that directory and it's a bit harder to get use to)). It will setup your folders, then everything gets dropped into the specific folder.

I had the same problem when I first got mine, I didn't know everything went in specific folders.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:27867
Pyr-O-Rgasm

PSP User's Guide

Post by Pyr-O-Rgasm »

It also will play ATRAC3 files. Though I've never even seen ATRAC3 until the PSP came out. But, whatever.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:27897
jryan

PSP User's Guide

Post by jryan »

Not sure about the update, but a note on the ATRAC3 Format.... It's Sony's proprietary format for compressing songs down insanely while still remaining higher quality... as seen in some Sony discmans and MP3 Players the past 4 years.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:28482
Pyr-O-Rgasm

PSP User's Guide

Post by Pyr-O-Rgasm »

Guest wrote: nvm i dont need help but, i put the file of the downloaded game in the "game; folder i think you need to put it in that folder than the save games folder but,  if anyone needs help, im willing to help. :awesome:
I think the past post was talking about Saved Games. So, he would put them in his Saved Games folder. Besides, saves automatically save to the Saved Game folder.
so.....can you do the drag and drop thing without a cable or whatever?
No. Without a cable, how do you expect to drag and drop anything? ;)
my psp says it needs to update why is that? and if you update it, what does it do?
It means your firmware is outdated. I'm guessing you've never upgraded. Congratulations, you are still able to use homebrew stuff((emulators is the big thing)). If you don't care about calculators, text documents, emulators, etc, then upgrade. The new 2.0 firmware is coming out soon and it's going to r0x0rz my b0x0rz.

PLEASE PEOPLE! Register! Or ATLEAST type out a guest name. When I see all these "guests" it gets confusing and the only way to tell you guys apart is your IP addresses. Names are alot easier.

EDIT: I just noticed all four of those posts were by the same person. But... Still... This is why it's confusing.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:28484
Joe_it

PSP User's Guide

Post by Joe_it »

The memory stick on psp is a disspointment. Just for 1 gig you have to spend 100$.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:28880
Pyr-O-Rgasm

PSP User's Guide

Post by Pyr-O-Rgasm »

The Pro Duos are the bigger ones, 128MB+ I do believe. I have found a 1GB MSPD for roughly 90 dollars, and that WASN'T online((meaning no shipping fees)).

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:28883
Pyr-O-Rgasm

PSP User's Guide

Post by Pyr-O-Rgasm »

Guest wrote: Anyone have any info on how the browser will work on the update that comes out in a few days?
It works quite nicely. Infact, sometimes it's pretty fast. I must say I enjoy the browser, myself. When I first started using it((couple of weeks ago)), it was a tad bit slow. But, it works fine now.
sorry i forgot i also wanted a website for songs too.
It's hard to find websites with downloadable music. Your best bet is Kazaa or Bearshare, any type of P2P program. I just put music that was already on my computer on there.

For videos, umm... Well, you'd have to search Google and hope you find something. Me? I have a program that converts my videos into the MPEG4 format for viewing on the PSP.
hey does anyone here play a online game called runescape? if u do, talk to me i play, my username is Xcalibur246 c ya there!Xcalibur246@yahoo.com
1. Runescape sucks. It sucks butt.

2. This is not a topic to talk about Runescape. It has NOTHING to do with Runescape. Want to talk about Runescape? Feel free to start a new topic.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:29022
sintekk

PSP User's Guide

Post by sintekk »

Pyr-O-Rgasm is right. Runescape is teh sux. Or something. It bites.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:29271
Pyr-O-Rgasm

PSP User's Guide

Post by Pyr-O-Rgasm »

sintekk wrote: Pyr-O-Rgasm is right. Runescape is teh sux. Or something. It bites.
Alright, back on topic. If, there is even enough topic left to talk about.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:29272
sintekk

PSP User's Guide

Post by sintekk »

Alrighty... but I like saying how much runescape sucks...

This article was decent, if fairly elementary. How about a follow up with regards to homebrew? Of course you couldn't cover the ISO loaders and such, but there's still lots of ground to cover in regards to the legal homebrew applications like emulators.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3232, old post ID:29273