Sites to download turing off of

Website development, web apps, desktop/server apps, mobile apps and any other coding
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hi :)
I need turing too, could sum1 please send it to me. Thnaks alot
nrehantanvir@hotmail.com

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3060, old post ID:26131
wtd

Post by wtd »

rehan wrote: Hi :)
I need turing too, could sum1 please send it to me. Thnaks alot
nrehantanvir@hotmail.com
The only mall problem with that is that Turing is not free. Someone here "giving" the Turing interpreter to you would be software piracy, and quite illegal.

Ask your school for a copy of it. If they refuse, suggest that maybe they should teach you a language which you can run freely. I know it's a small group... only a few hundred languages. ;)

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3060, old post ID:26150
Death

Post by Death »

That's right. The distribution of turing by any peer would be considered illegal. However, if your teacher makes a copy of it for you, it wouldn't be, because it's for educational purposes. So tell him/her to stop being a stinge and give u a copy...it's only 1.5 mb's or something anyways

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3060, old post ID:26154
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I AM NO LONGER SENDING TURING!!!!

ASK SOMEBODY ELSE THAT HAS THEIR EMAIL IN THIS LIST!!!

AND BY THE WAY, I FIGURED OUT HOW TO HAVE THE REFERENCE. BUT ONLY FOR ME AND MY CLASS :P

Thank you,
Dan

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3060, old post ID:26189
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

plz send me a copy.. tecko22@hotmail.com

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3060, old post ID:26536
Sockoo

Post by Sockoo »

i find it funny as ur first post .. was beging asking for turing .. geez kids these days .. *sigh

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3060, old post ID:26537
Pyr-O-Rgasm

Post by Pyr-O-Rgasm »

Here's a stupid question. What's Turing?

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3060, old post ID:26538
Sockoo

Post by Sockoo »

a programing language

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3060, old post ID:26573
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

can some1 that have a copy send me one??, i need it for skool
thx in advance
email: evangelion888@gmail.com

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3060, old post ID:26926
MikeDB

Post by MikeDB »

Send me a copy to! My dad wants it :D mikwiththestick@gmail.com

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3060, old post ID:26954
Red Squirrel

Post by Red Squirrel »

I bet if you checked on kazaa or something you could probably find it. Not that I'm suggesting piracy...:D

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3060, old post ID:26959
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
wtd

Post by wtd »

I can kinda understand piracy for something good... but Turing?

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3060, old post ID:26961
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Not all schools can distribute Turing, you have to buy a license from Holt Software to be able to do that...

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3060, old post ID:26978
Red Squirrel

Post by Red Squirrel »

wtd wrote: I can kinda understand piracy for something good... but Turing?
Lol I know what you mean.

Really I'm not sure why so many schools still teach turing. They could at least teach C/C++ or something.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3060, old post ID:26979
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
wtd

Post by wtd »

Red Squirrel wrote:
wtd wrote: I can kinda understand piracy for something good... but Turing?
Lol I know what you mean.

Really I'm not sure why so many schools still teach turing. They could at least teach C/C++ or something.
There are far better languages for educational purposes, and most are unencumbered by any licensing issues of any kind.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3060, old post ID:26981
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

can i copy as well? i'm afraid i might run out of time for my final project...

thanks in advance
email: henrytan016@gmail.com

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3060, old post ID:27064
syb

Post by syb »

Okay here's the deal. You can find turing on kazza or any other p2p program. It's
not illegal in Canada to download things from people in a p2p program. However it is illegal to let people download things from you. It's one of the loop wholes in Canadian law.

The reason why turing is still taught in schools. Is because of a nice deal with the company that holds turing rights and that it is the best programing language to start young kids on. You then move on to Java or at least in my school we learnt Java. Knowing turing made it a whole lot easier for me to do anything in java. I was able to comprehend more. Turing is basically the very first programing language that is not machine code. It uses the basic elements in every programing language. It is easy to use and understand. Extremely easy to learn. Most of all it was created my Alan Turing and is extremely powerful for such an old and primitive language

This is coming from someone who has taken turing and still loves it to this day, more then java I might add. I was also able to get turing off kazza but I don't have it anymore because I am done the class and I reformatted my comp. also like to add that your teacher should be able to give you a copy. If not complain to higher level of Authority.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3060, old post ID:27067
The wisdom of sight comes from the father of lights
wtd

Post by wtd »

syb wrote: The reason why turing is still taught in schools. Is because of a nice deal with the company that holds turing rights and that it is the best programing language to start young kids on. You then move on to Java or at least in my school we learnt Java. Knowing turing made it a whole lot easier for me to do anything in java. I was able to comprehend more. Turing is basically the very first programing language that is not machine code. It uses the basic elements in every programing language. It is easy to use and understand. Extremely easy to learn. Most of all it was created my Alan Turing and is extremely powerful for such an old and primitive language

This is coming from someone who has taken turing and still loves it to this day, more then java I might add.
A few corrections:

Holtsoft may cut Canadian high schools a decent deal compared to their normal prices, but nothing beats free, which describes many many compilers and interpreters out there.

The Turing programming language was not created by Alan Turing. It was named for him, though. The Turing programming language isn't even remotely "the first non-machine-code language". That title goes to various assembly languages, but for greater abstraction, that honor goes to names like Lisp, Fortran, and Algol.

That it is "the best language to start kids on" is a very subjective comment, but that it embodies concepts found in all other languages is absurd. Where are regular expressions, pattern matching, or even something as basic as polymorphism and overloading.

If you've only been exposed to Java as well as Turing it's no wonder you find Turing appealing. Java has a huge library and lots of Sun's money behind it so it's a success, but it's a brain-dead language.

I suggest taking a look at other languages to broaden your horizons.

Now, that said... if you want to use and enjoy Turing... that's fine. Just know the facts, and don't like it simply because you're ignorant.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3060, old post ID:27069
syb

Post by syb »

I guess I was a little too strong opiniated in my post. I'll agree to disagree. As for the corrections you made most of them are fine with me. Just goes to show how much I actully remeber about the class.

I have looked at PHP, c++. So I have seen the other programming languages but not extensively.

excuses my ignorance but with out it I wouldn't learn anything. That's one reason why I am at the these forums.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3060, old post ID:27073
wtd

Post by wtd »

Ignorance is fine... as long as you do something about it. :)

Every great accomplishment in history began with "I don't know."

Now, as I've suggested elsewhere, look into something with an interactive interpreter. Ruby, Python, O'Caml and Scheme are good. Haskell is good, but it's interactive interpreter works a bit differently than most.

If you're interested I can post more info. :)

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3060, old post ID:27075
syb

Post by syb »

I think will keep it to the other thread that i posted in. Seeing that this is for turing and all.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3060, old post ID:27083
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

here you go turing download :biglaugh:

www.smcdsb.on.ca/jva/turingdownload.htm

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3060, old post ID:27422
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

STOP BUGGING ME!!!

YES I HAVE TURIGN BUT I HAVE SENT IT TO AT LEAST 50 PPL so please ask other people too

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3060, old post ID:30749
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Yeah, I'm doing a "drawdot" picture in Turing (last year i made one at around 1300 drawdots), and if someone could send me the program to either tired_but_still_breathing@hotmail.com or 1parkdav1@hdsb.ca, that'd be awesome.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3060, old post ID:30833
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hey pplz plz i beg of u send me a copy of turing plz plz plz :( :( :( :( :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
nsoe_be_like_dat@hotmail.com

^
| send it to me on that address pwettie pwease

thanx alot!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3060, old post ID:31491