Can't add shard

UO Gateway Help and support requests as well as general discussions related to UO Gateway
Kos

Can't add shard

Post by Kos »

After our recent issues with moving our shard to a dedicated server we decided it made more sense to remove ourselves from Gateway and to re-add the shard so we could monitor whether the change was worth it.  We removed ourselves successfully but, on trying to add ourselves back in, we get the message 'It seems you already have a shard'.  I'm wondering if there's a decay period where a shard is still in the system but not showing, and how long it takes before we can add ourselves again.

Archived topic from UOG, old topic ID:137, old post ID:453
Kos

Re: Can't add shard

Post by Kos »

Ok, finally got listed again, but the same issue with us showing offline has started.  Until 2 a.m. this morning we were reading with an incredible ping and uptime was at 99.2% last I checked.  Checked when I got home from work at we're at around 60% uptime, while there has been no interruption in the shard being online.  I'm confused.  If we were blocking the ping somehow then I'd imagine it wouldn't have been reading online all yesterday evening and half the night.

Archived topic from UOG, old topic ID:137, old post ID:454
Red Squirrel

Post by Red Squirrel »

What is your shard link/ID?  I will check logs.  What emulator/version are you using? 

Archived topic from UOG, old topic ID:137, old post ID:456
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
Kos

Post by Kos »

Legends of Sosaria, and we're using the latest ServUO repo and client.  We may have resolved our issues though.  Missed a setting in forwarding the port.  I'm surprised it was working at all.  We're about to load up remotely again to test things. 

Archived topic from UOG, old topic ID:137, old post ID:457
Red Squirrel

Post by Red Squirrel »

Glad you got it working.  It is kinda odd that it worked intermittently though, like you said.

Archived topic from UOG, old topic ID:137, old post ID:458
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!