Gateway won't recognize my account or server suddenly

UO Gateway Help and support requests as well as general discussions related to UO Gateway
Kos

Gateway won't recognize my account or server suddenly

Post by Kos »

We recently switched to a dedicated server but none of our login information has changed.  Yesterday everything with UO Gateway was working fine with the new server, but today we showed offline even though operations were going on as usual.  Having had this issue before after switching things up I deleted the shard from Gateway with the intention of entering it again.  Once I did that it no longer recognized my account and won't allow me to enter it back on.  Being a new server we rely on sites like this to bring in new players.  Any guidance would be appreciated.

- Kos
Legends of Sosaria

Archived topic from UOG, old topic ID:135, old post ID:447
Red Squirrel

Re: Gateway won't recognize my account or server suddenly

Post by Red Squirrel »

Wonder if it just took a while for DNS to propagate, is it still an issue now?

Archived topic from UOG, old topic ID:135, old post ID:450
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
Kos

Post by Kos »

It is still an issue.  Since removing the posting on gateway and setting it up again, we started at 100% uptime and we're down to 86% now.  At no point since reposting have we gone down.  Nobody has been booted, and we haven't even done a restart.  Operations are solid, but it seems like Gateway's having trouble pinging us. 

Archived topic from UOG, old topic ID:135, old post ID:451
Kos

Post by Kos »

First thought I had was that our firewall was blocking the ping, but wouldn't that block it 100% of the time rather than intermittently?  We're going to allow Gateway's IP through anyway and see if that does it.

Archived topic from UOG, old topic ID:135, old post ID:452