Shards that cheat, use bots to vote etc, we know who you are

Learn what's new on the UO Gateway site
Red Squirrel

Shards that cheat, use bots to vote etc, we know who you are

Post by Red Squirrel »

We may not be doing anything about it now, but don't be fooled we know who you are and I kindly ask those who are cheating to knock it off.  Once we have the resources in place you will be met with fire and fury. (I had to use that line)

Seriously though, there is no point in cheating.  That is about as low and pathetic as you can go, and other people who see it know damn well that you are cheating and it actually only serves to hurt your shard's reputation.

Play fairly.  Unfortunately it's the nature of the beast, we can't block that stuff completely as things like online count rely on shard supplied data which can be altered, but I do have plans to start adding some better detection algorithms and those who cheat will get their shards removed, or votes reset, etc.

I am also toying with idea of requiring an account tied to an email address in order to vote, just to add an extra layer of difficulty, but not sure if I want to do that yet.

Archived topic from UOG, old topic ID:108, old post ID:340
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
Old

Re: Shards that cheat, use bots to vote etc, we know who you are

Post by Old »

For 31 days of October the first places (TOP 3) gained only about 1800-2000 votes.
For 15 hours of November UO Evolution scores as many votes as the top servers per month:

We can also do this, get 3000-4000 per day. But we try to do it honestly. This is a fine line. If someone does this, you do it too :-\n
Archived topic from UOG, old topic ID:108, old post ID:352