Vampiric Embrace

Anything regarding UO or Age of Valor
ggkthx

Vampiric Embrace

Post by ggkthx »

You can't cast Vampiric Embrace without "real" necro skill?

Wasn't sure so I tried, 120 Necromancy (85 real) fizzle forever.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6854, old post ID:39631
I didn't choose the Fel life, the Fel life chose me.
Death

Vampiric Embrace

Post by Death »

Probably should be revised to allow the form as long as the minimum level of 99 necromancy is sustained.

Should change it to allow the use of necromancy skill bonuses but if the skill goes under 99 at any point then the form expires.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6854, old post ID:39632
ggkthx

Vampiric Embrace

Post by ggkthx »

Death wrote:Probably should be revised to allow the form as long as the minimum level of 99 necromancy is sustained.

Should change it to allow the use of necromancy skill bonuses but if the skill goes under 99 at any point then the form expires.
This seems reasonable. Both of the characters I was trying with have some amount of +necro items permanently as part of their suit and would benefit from this, which seems like how it should work.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6854, old post ID:39633
Death

Vampiric Embrace

Post by Death »

This should be how it works. If you have skill bonus items on your suit that contribute to the necromancy casting skill requirement of 99 for necromancy, then you should be able to enter vampiric embrace form.

Think the restriction was put into place awhile back to prevent necromancy cheesing by allowing individuals to use vampiric embrace by simply adding skill on, casting the spell, then removing the skill bonus items. I'll add it to the suggestions for spell transformation forms to use real + skill items where the form buff will expire if the individual goes under the minimum skill levels

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6854, old post ID:39634
Red Squirrel

Vampiric Embrace

Post by Red Squirrel »

Hmm yeah that is odd, may need to check other skill check areas too as it really should use your skill level even if it's with items, as it's kind of the point of the items. I think taming may be an issue too.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6854, old post ID:39635
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
ggkthx

Vampiric Embrace

Post by ggkthx »

I do recall that taming may have had the same issue where it was effectively not counting +taming skill items. Other skills are fine as far as I know.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6854, old post ID:39636