Question For people that still return to check

Anything regarding UO or Age of Valor
ninja2007

Post by ninja2007 »

who would like to have a completely rebuild shard from the ground up for valor? red, death, and i. could rebuild the server to bring it up to the newest client so we could offer age of valor to everyone i know the website still has great traffic so i think that actually bringing age of valor up to date with a discord maybe a new home page would bring new life. if you think so just leave a post or comment or something to let him know we are interested in doing so!

if so i have a discord already made up if this is to become a thing

discord.gg/bSUJZ6r

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6837, old post ID:39538
Death

Post by Death »

ninja2007 wrote:who would like to have a completely rebuild shard from the ground up for valor? red, death, and i. could rebuild the server to bring it up to the newest client so we could offer age of valor to everyone i know the website still has great traffic so i think that actually bringing age of valor up to date with a discord maybe a new home page would bring new life. if you think so just leave a post or comment or something to let him know we are interested in doing so!

if so i have a discord already made up if this is to become a thing

discord.gg/bSUJZ6r
I welcome the idea of bringing new life into the shard as well as bringing it up to date as a lot of stuff is lacking, but truthfully I don't personally have the time to devote into the shard as much anymore.

My life has become filled with other interests and a lot more responsibilities and coding takes a lot of time and motivation which I do not have the luxury of lately.

It's a nice thought but I feel as though the goal might be out of reach.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6837, old post ID:39539
Red Squirrel

Post by Red Squirrel »

That is pretty much my thought too, I just have other projects I want to work on. I will still do little updates here and there but I just don't have the time to devote to big ones. I know you said you coded a lot of stuff but it is still a lot of work to integrate that, test it, and make it work with our code while maintaining the integrity of existing data.

Honestly I would prefer to look at making a whole new game at some point, but I don't have any immediate plans for that.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6837, old post ID:39540
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
ninja2007

Post by ninja2007 »

then how about i send you age of valor completely updated expect for what you guys have done in the last couple months see if its usable and we can decide from there? throw it up on the TC port or what not?

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6837, old post ID:39541
Death

Post by Death »

ninja2007 wrote:then how about i send you age of valor completely updated expect for what you guys have done in the last couple months see if its usable and we can decide from there? throw it up on the TC port or what not?
I don't personally see a problem with that but ultimately that decision is up to Red.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6837, old post ID:39542
Red Squirrel

Post by Red Squirrel »

It would still be a large task to integrate and also test everything, as the serialization data is probably not going to match up. Even with the SQL system, it's still using serialization, it's just that it's using a SQL row per object instead of all objects being serialized together in a file. So while there is a bit more flexibility that inconsistencies can be dealt with on a per type basis it's still tricky to make sure everything lines up right.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6837, old post ID:39543
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
ninja2007

Post by ninja2007 »

i mean i don't care if we have to start over from stage 0 as long as we can bring up the shard to date with the client patch all the other stuff can be fixed later that's why we would start on a TC push and test push and test, I know at least 5 people that would play RIGHT now if we got valor on the latest patch a lot of people don't want multiple clients on their pc I'm willing to start over and get most of the floor work done people don't play or aren't willing to join due to the client restriction I willing to work on it if you guys are its not something thats going to happen overnight this will be a rebranding and relaunch of valor to the newest core i believe we should probably start over with saves yes we can keep the old one up for historical purposes but lets put valor into 2020 with newest client and push sql saves into the new core and pump this thing out by august of next year and say hey at least we tried to bring valor back to life instead of having it sit here dead when we ALL know its more then this.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6837, old post ID:39544
ninja2007

Post by ninja2007 »

you guys gotta realize i have literally 85% of it done already i just don't have super AI or the sql save system, but i have EVERYTHING else working from valor, I took about 5 months of my time and rewrote everything to work with the newest clients and core. this is something im passionate about and its ALL because of you guys, if you guys never banned me i would of never found my passion for C# and programming. this is something we can do in like 3-6 months time not EVEN spending 5 hours a week on it and knowing myself i would be able to do it all in about a month

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6837, old post ID:39545
Shanks

Post by Shanks »

Done 95% of the work but, disgraced the server name. the systems. ruined your own reputation to where no one will play a server you release due to your constant cheating, selling of GM accounts. i could go on. should be banned off the forums so we dont need to see that shitty username again.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6837, old post ID:39557