TC1 FEEDBACK: Artifact Changes

Information on new updates to the shard as well as what's to come
Death

Post by Death »

About talismans and earrings:

On AOV, talismans and earrings are coded incorrectly. Neither of these 2 items are supposed to have any special properties aside from artifacts or normal bonuses (Talismans have the talisman only properties, that's okay. The problem lies in the other bonuses that are allowed to spawn naturally on these things).

Therefore, we are kind of caught between a rock and a hard place with artifacts of those types AND the regular spawning types. Too much time has occurred that changing the regular spawning items to NOT have properties, is no longer an option, otherwise there would be riots in Britannia.

That being said, in order to have an artifact version of said items, it would have to be significantly different than something that is normally obtainable.

Talismans

Talismans, mostly have that covered because of special property pairings and special "bonuses" that one could have on them (Such as the drake summoning ability on the proposed "Dragonheart" talisman.)

The DI on the vanquisher was removed for 2 reasons:

1) To compare to the primer on arms and the conjurer's trinket talismans that are not yet released. These are OSI items with 20 DI.

2) Because of double slayers, most players are already hitting the damage cap without the 25 DI on the talismans, making the property useless to most people.

That was the reason for the removal of the damage bonus. Another bonus can be added in its place or if people still want the damage bonus, it can stay.

Earrings

Earrings can be a challenge for multiple reasons. They can potentially cause problems when the gargoyle race from UO Stygian Abyss is introduced to the game as they do not share the same item slot layers. There's also the matter of determining what kind of bonuses you could give to earrings without making something that is currently already obtainable.

Therefore, it's almost better to just change the layer from earrings to something else because the current 2 AOA earrings are not really cutting it in terms of properties and layers.

There's a large possibility that the current properties are better suited to something such as a sash or an apron/belt slot so we can try that out.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5902, old post ID:36046
Death

Post by Death »

dprantl wrote:Blackrock chest - How about make it all 30 resists, keep dex -15, give it Mage Armor and FC -1? That would make it an interesting item.

Orb of Moons - Sweet! Although, isn't there a moon rock item type? May be better suited than the glass orb.

Tiger teeth earrings - Ouch, that's bad. Making them on par with arcane earrings... :(

Lantern is a really interesting one, I like it.

Nystul's hat, nice touch.

Vanquisher - I agree, it is not easy to find good ones, why remove the DI?
- Blackrock Chest: We can try what you suggested

- Orb of Moons: There is a moonstone rock item that can be used instead. It's a smaller graphic though, which might make it harder to find in your backpack. However, if we keep it on par with original lore, it would look like a chunk of glassy obsidian so we'll play around with it.

- Tiger teeth earrings, arcane earrings and vanquisher: See previous post on reasoning and suggested course of action to changing said items

- Lantern: Don't think there will be any objections here.

- Nystul's Hat: Meant to follow Ultima lore/history a lot more closely.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5902, old post ID:36047
ggkthx

Post by ggkthx »

Disagree. On OSI Earrings and talismans are coded incorrectly.
On AoV they are coded correctly.

I have so much to say about the subject I will need to make a separate thread about it I think.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5902, old post ID:36048
I didn't choose the Fel life, the Fel life chose me.
ggkthx

Post by ggkthx »

Thinking more on Vanquisher, remove DI keep as AoA?
They don't pop up too often, and when they do the slayers are usually useless anyway. Or, if it needs to be a GAoA, which I can see, replace DI with 15 DCI or HCI (I think the DCI is better, but maybe doesn't make as much sense as HCI)

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5902, old post ID:36049
Death

Post by Death »

ggkthx wrote:Thinking more on Vanquisher, remove DI keep as AoA?
They don't pop up too often, and when they do the slayers are usually useless anyway. Or, if it needs to be a GAoA, which I can see, replace DI with 15 DCI or HCI (I think the DCI is better, but maybe doesn't make as much sense as HCI)
Can keep it as an AOA without the DI. We'll check the list to see how everything stacks up at the end.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5902, old post ID:36051
Death

Post by Death »

Orb of moons has been changed to look like a blackish moonstone, as per original Ultima lore. Included an image on the first post. Currently working on the last row of AOAs so will post that by the end of the weekend hopefully. For the time being here's some to review as a decision has not been made on them.

The largest concern are the two earrings: Arcane earrings and tiger teeth earrings. Not quite sure what to do with these two. Can potentially just keep these both the same. Any ideas here would be helpful.

The following list of items have a "concerns" writeup following the name on the first post as well as possible solutions:

The Barrier
Brace of Paracelsus
Boots of Construction
Achilles Heel
Dark Auroa
Death Ring
Dismount King
Arcane Earrings
Fisherman's Tendon
Wheel of Fortune
The Vanquisher
Brace of Travel
Cursed Protection
Tiger Teeth Earring

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5902, old post ID:36067
ggkthx

Post by ggkthx »

My vote is to leave tiger teeth earrings alone and to move Arcane earrings to GAoA but bump them up to be a better mage counterpart to tiger teeth
If things go that way, perhaps (and partly to match Tiger Teeth):
8 DCI, 8 int, 8 mana, 2 mr, 8 sdi, 8 LMC, 1 fc, 1 fcr?

Blackrock Chest, the Nexus proposed version is more interesting at least, I'd advocate -10 dex tho. That's still harsh. I still couldn't see using it, but I'd imagine someone might?

Barrier, I still advocate 10 dci on it, and I still think I'd giggle if I saw someone using it. Do still like the change to kite shield though. Almost wish it could have a name change, to what, I dunno. (So-and-so's Guard?) The Kite shield is just so much less Barrier-ish than the heater.

Brace of Paracelsus, like leaving it alone of course. Side note, I also REALLY like the elemental spawn with ore eles still. If you can't beat it you're doing it wrong.

Boots of Construction... Shrug, whatever is fine.

Achille's Heel, bit of a bummer, liked these, but new item is ok.

Have to post this now, my post box is going crazy and I can't see what I type.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5902, old post ID:36069
ggkthx

Post by ggkthx »

Ok, where was I?

Dark Auroa (what's an Auroa?) Removing SSI penalty and making it a GAoA would be cool I think. It's good without the penalty, but not ridiculous.

Death Ring: Interesting enough item.
Increased karma loss as a property does seem a bit silly though.
Just saying.

Fisherman's Tendon, change seems fine, sad to see a +25 fishing item disappear though, on general principal.

Wheel of Fortune, I like the name. I also like Lady Luck. Or even Fortune's Favor.

I think I just recently said something about the others, so nothing to add.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5902, old post ID:36070
Death

Post by Death »

Last AOA row posted. Check first post the items highlighted in orange. Artifacts addressed:

British Blockade (GAOA)
Apocalyptica (GAOA)
Deathspell (GAOA)
Essence of Spellcasting (GAOA)
Essence of War (GAOA)
Green Devil's Cursed Pants (GAOA)
Grim Reaper's Strike (GAOA)
Muramasa Hellblade (GAOA)
Nymph's Enchanted Legs (GAOA)
Ring of the Dead (GAOA)
Staff of Moses (GAOA)
Arms of Bane (GAOA)
Caster's Bracelet (GAOA)
Arms of Perfection (GAOA)
Magi Collar (GAOA)

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5902, old post ID:36097
dprantl

Post by dprantl »

This is a lot of time-consuming work Death, I just want to know it is appreciated.

Caster's Bracelet - Yay

Grim Reaper's Strike - Nooooo! A very unique AOV item. The proposed change is silly since only a Necro can use it, and all it will do is cast Animate Dead on one body - useless.

Ring of the Dead - Please keep the luck, it was a good luck ring.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5902, old post ID:36098
ggkthx

Post by ggkthx »

British Blockade (GAOA) : Sure. Never realized how it was odd that it wasn't an Order shield before. Change seems good.

Apocalyptica (GAOA): Sure.

Deathspell (GAOA): Yup, change seems good.

Essence of Spellcasting (GAOA): Sure.

Essence of War (GAOA): -11 stats and -15% resist. Nerf bats make baby Jesus cry. Liked the old name, but whatevs.

Green Devil's Cursed Pants (GAOA): Good riddance.

Grim Reaper's Strike (GAOA): I think this item is awesome, the ability is cool, and after the change it's a completely pointless item. Not to mention that if you have existing ones you just got cheated out of not just a GAoA but a cool one at that. If you won't leave this alone can you at least elaborate on any possible differences between it being a skill vs an item? Totally agree with dprantl though, Grims ftw. Favorite or 2nd favorite item on AoV.

Muramasa Hellblade (GAOA): Always did seem like a randomly weird item. Longsword? graphic looks dumb though. Otherwise seems good. Some people probably like how it looks. Weirdos.

Nymph's Enchanted Legs (GAOA): Goodbye to the other terrible legs.

Ring of the Dead (GAOA): Much prefer the original, but only for the luck. A cross between the two would be the best version imho. Basically the 'new' version but 150 luck instead of Increased Karma Loss. OR even better than THAT, make the change and give us some other ring with 150 luck and some other fun stuff on it? As a GAoA probably or even a Doom arty? By 'fun stuff' I propose any of the following: a random +10 skill, some amount of LRC, LMC, int, hp, or dci. And I'd call it Jester's Ring.

Staff of Moses (GAOA): Psyched to see this left alone, even though I think I've lost all of mine. :(

Arms of Bane (GAOA): I kind of like this change, but also feel cheated in that GToTs are somewhat infinitely easier to get than a specific GAoA.

Caster's Bracelet (GAOA): Yay!

Arms of Perfection (GAOA): Like this a lot, but put some pants on.

Magi Collar (GAOA): Don't typically use this, but like that it's available.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5902, old post ID:36105
Death

Post by Death »

New changes posted. This will conclude the AOA/GAOA artifact changes. Will be moving on to the next level which is mostly champion spawns and gauntlet changes.

Decided to not even touch the earring artifacts as there's layering issues with UOSA gargoyles so they might have to change anyways in the future out of layer necessity if OSI refuses to add an equivalent layer.

Will be posting the sash revisions hopefully by the end of the night. Check the first post for orange entries. Artifacts addressed:

- The barrier
- Dark Auroa
- Death Ring
- Arcane Earrings
- Fisherman's Tendon
- Wheel of Fortune
- Vanquisher
- Cursed Protection
- Tiger Teeth Earrings
- Essence of War
- Grim Reaper's Strike
- Ring of the Dead
ggkthx wrote:Like this a lot, but put some pants on.
Hiryu ate them

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5902, old post ID:36114
Death

Post by Death »

New Champion Spawn Sash Changes

The name of the sash pertains to the champion spawn title you receive for defeating the champion. For example: Cold blooded, corrupt, abyss, arachnid etc etc. These are unique names that identify the champion spawn it came from. Any variations to the names are purely for purposes of naming:

Sash of the Cold Blooded VS Sash of the Cold Blood
Sash of the Infernal Pit VS Sash of the Pit

All sashes have 3 properties. NO MORE, NO LESS.

First Property: A unique skill of +10 value. This skill is ALWAYS unique in that no other champion spawn sash can have this skill. Whenever possible, the skill should match the champion spawn (IE: necromancy for Neira). This may not always be possible as new champion spawns are introduced

Second Property: All sashes have 100 luck. No more, no less

Third Property: A unique bonus that is NEVER replicated on another champion spawn sash. The bonus is usually 10% of a property. In the case of a regeneration, it will be 2. Other properties will be 10%

UOTD = UO Third Dawn. Originally when champ spawns were introduced
UOSE = UO Samurai Empire
UOML = UO Mondain's Legacy
UOSA = UO Stygian Abyss
AOV = AOV Custom Champion Spawn

(UOML) Meraktus: Sash of the Tormented Minotaur (Hue: 2101)
(UOR) Neira: Sash of the Unholy Terror (Hue 37)
(AOV) Paracelsus: Sash of the Elemental Kinship (Hue 1150)
(UOTD) Lord Oaks: Sash of the Forest Lord (Hue 1154)
(UOTD) Barracoon: Sash of the Vermin Horde (Hue 494)
(AOV) Oggra: Sash of the Orcish Scourge (Hue 997)
(UOML) Ilhenir: Sash of the Corrupt (Hue 1420)
(UOTD) Semidar: Sash of the Abyss (Hue 53)
(UOTD) Rikktor: Sash of the Cold Blooded (Hue 345)
(UOSE) Serado: Sash of the Sleeping Dragon (Hue 447)
(UOTD) Mephitis: Sash of the Arachnid (Hue 370)
(UOML) Twaulo: Sash of the Twisted Glade (Hue 2406)
(UOSA) Primeval Lich: Sash of the Unliving (Hue 2076)
(UOSA) Abyssal Infernal: Sash of the Infernal Pit (Hue 2075)

NOTE: The harrower is a "Super champion" and thus, would not have a sash of the same structure as it is considerably more challenging and has a different method of spawning it. Therefore we'll have a special sash with different mods for it called the "Sash of Evil".

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5902, old post ID:36121
d.

Post by d. »

Nvm. I'm an idiot.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5902, old post ID:36132
Death

Post by Death »

d. wrote: I like the idea of them all, except for sash of the cold blooded. That thing took forever for me to get (off leviathan) and it would now have worse mods than Baracoon sash in my opinion. The Sash of the Cold Blooded is one of the hardest ones to obtain and should have good mods maybe.
Sash of the cold blooded drops off rikktor's champion spawn. The one from levithan is the cold heart sash. The one that was changed in the image is not the one dropped from leviathan.

The cold heart sash from leviathan has not yet been addressed but its mods likely won't need to be touched.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5902, old post ID:36134
ggkthx

Post by ggkthx »

I like the new sashes just fine, they seem cool.
However, we farmed the sashes we wanted because they had what we wanted on them and now they're turning into something useless (for what we needed anyway). Can existing sashes be left alone? Or could say Rikktor sashes with 10 tactics on them change to the other sash with 10 tact instead of that 'sweet' animal lore? The others are less important.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5902, old post ID:36136
Death

Post by Death »

ggkthx wrote:I like the new sashes just fine, they seem cool.
However, we farmed the sashes we wanted because they had what we wanted on them and now they're turning into something useless (for what we needed anyway). Can existing sashes be left alone? Or could say Rikktor sashes with 10 tactics on them change to the other sash with 10 tact instead of that 'sweet' animal lore? The others are less important.
Ya that's probably do-able as some of the sash bonuses might have been moved somewhere else. Can either convert it to the one that has the same properties or make a blank sash type.

Which sashes were you concerned about changing?

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5902, old post ID:36137
ggkthx

Post by ggkthx »

In looking the existing ones over and the new ones over the only change that I was concerned about is that Sash of power has basically become the Tormented Minotaur sash. And new Sash of Cold Blooded is terrible (for me, and the people I've farmed Sash's of Power with anyway). Over all I'm excited about the new sashes and think they're really cool. I did what I needed to get a stat and tactics bonus sash though, and now it's going to change.
I assume there's no one with a sash of Power who would object to it becoming a sash of the Tormented Minotaur? Cuz that just keeps it the same as it is, +luck.

And no more Col Sanders? :( Love my dci 25 cooking sash. lol

Nice to see reasons to do some of these other champs though, repeatedly, cuz most of those have something to offer someone now, which is awesome.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5902, old post ID:36144
Death

Post by Death »

ggkthx wrote:In looking the existing ones over and the new ones over the only change that I was concerned about is that Sash of power has basically become the Tormented Minotaur sash. And new Sash of Cold Blooded is terrible (for me, and the people I've farmed Sash's of Power with anyway). Over all I'm excited about the new sashes and think they're really cool. I did what I needed to get a stat and tactics bonus sash though, and now it's going to change.
I assume there's no one with a sash of Power who would object to it becoming a sash of the Tormented Minotaur? Cuz that just keeps it the same as it is, +luck.

And no more Col Sanders? :( Love my dci 25 cooking sash. lol

Nice to see reasons to do some of these other champs though, repeatedly, cuz most of those have something to offer someone now, which is awesome.
Okay so here's what we can do. We'll make a 1 time sash with the exact mods as the ones that already exist, we'll just change the name.

Can't swap to the tormented minotaur sash as the spawn doesn't exist yet (soon though). Also, the sash is not just for mods, it's also a token of honor for defeating the champion in a sense, like a champion spawn title.

Therefore we can try calling the sash "In honor of defeating Rikktor" and make them server rares with the same mods they have right now. I'll see what the admin thinks before trying this method.

Colonel Sanders, like the star wars content, is being retired. It is not yet known what will happen to the sash and the nunchaku set. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5902, old post ID:36147
ggkthx

Post by ggkthx »

k.
In regards to Essence of War->Unbridled Frenzy....

Could we get perhaps 10 dex 10 str?
Little bit less of a nerf, but still toned down on stats. When regular items can have 8 & 8 I'd think an arty deserves 10.
And It's a bit more warrior-like having the str and dex bonus but not int.
Obviously that's just flavor, having str and dex on an item may just let me move points to int.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5902, old post ID:36150
Death

Post by Death »

Yea we can try that.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5902, old post ID:36151
Death

Post by Death »

Champion Artifacts mostly completed except for 2 that are still being decided on. The changes are on the first page, first post of this thread. Take a look at the orange entries and provide your feedback.

The other artifact requests that were made earlier that have not been cleared, such as the unbridled frenzy, should be completed by tonight.

*NOTE: For existing champion spawn sashes that are undergoing complete changes, such as sash of orcs and sash of power, we are currently discussing the possibility of keeping the properties in tact instead of converting to the new type. We will post more details as they become available.*

Addressed Artifact Changes:

Tempo (Twaulo)
Barracoon's Jester Hat (Barracoon)
Ilhenir's Decaying Arm Bone (Ilhenir)
Oggra's Skull Crusher (Oggra)
Sword of Paracelsus (Paracelsus)
Two Piece Combo (Sanders)
The Black Belt of Serado (Serado)
Lord Oak's Wings (Oaks)
Semidar's Soul (Semidar)
Neira's Scimitar (Neira)
Mephitis' Fang (Mephitis)
Rikktor's Rage (Rikktor)
Twaulo's Sash (Twaulo)
Sash of Venom (Mephitis)
Sash of the Sleeping Dragon (Serado)
Sash of Power (Rikktor)
Sash of Pain (Semidar)
Sash of Orcs (Oggra)
Sash of Grease (Sanders)
Sash of Greed (Barracoon)
Sash of Enlightenment (Oaks)
Sash of Elements (Paracelsus)
Sash of Death (Neira)

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5902, old post ID:36160
Nexus Graveheart

Post by Nexus Graveheart »

I like the way these are looking so far. Granted, I don't use a whole lot of artifacts, so my opinion should be valued lesser than those who make regular use of them.

Only one I noticed at the moment is that the Wyvern's Barb should be 100% poison damage, or at least 50% plus.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5902, old post ID:36161
Death

Post by Death »

Nexus Graveheart wrote: Only one I noticed at the moment is that the Wyvern's Barb should be 100% poison damage, or at least 50% plus.
Good call, I must have missed that.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5902, old post ID:36162
dprantl

Post by dprantl »

Boots of Construction became green? Could we not reroll them and just tone them down... lightning shoes has 24 total resists, so maybe we can make these boots 25% phys and change their name accordingly?

Orb of Moons - should be blessed, as I think in original Ultima lore you could not lose it when dying, and Bracelet of Travel was blessed as well.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5902, old post ID:36166