Tailor Crafting Rewards all over the shop

Information on new updates to the shard as well as what's to come
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

After completeing enough tailor quests to annoy me. It seems there is no better chance of recieveing a 50 charge barbed kit for doing a 300 spined quest compared to a 1250 barbed quest lol
That just doesnt seem right to me. Niether does gettin 100 cloth for handing in 1000 spined leather
Making things slightly more predictable seems like a better system.
I am not saying making rewards obviouse but just less random them they are.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:4680, old post ID:30386
Death

Post by Death »

We will likely be going to the OSI system in terms of runics and rewards as it's too much of a task to maintain the custom system and does not really provide any extra benefit.

A lot of the lesser rewards also don't drop as much as they should so many common rewards are getting lost in the mix.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:4680, old post ID:30387
Red Squirrel

Post by Red Squirrel »

Also, the OSI system will be much harder, as right now it is too easy to get stuff. What I'm personally thinking of is going along the lines of OSI but keep the quest like format. So instead of "bring nn materials" it might just be "craft nn items". Not sure yet though.

The RunUO bod system is hard to work in so if we went back with it we'd have to rewrite all the code. Everything is hard coded and breaks all possible rules of OOP.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:4680, old post ID:30389
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
Plastic Man

Post by Plastic Man »

The custom craft quest system on Valor is one of the best things about the shard.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:4680, old post ID:30446
I'm as Cool as the Harrower. Tentacle Rape!
d.

Post by d. »

Plastic Man wrote:The custom craft quest system on Valor is one of the best things about the shard.
QFT.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:4680, old post ID:30451
Trill

Post by Trill »

Plastic Man wrote:The custom craft quest system on Valor is one of the best things about the shard.
Agreed!

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:4680, old post ID:30562
*IBH* 4 Lfe!

Death

Post by Death »

Trill wrote:
Agreed!
They're actually pretty similar to the OSI craft quests that were introduced that drop recipes and talismans as well as other goodies. The major difference is the need to gather resources first as one of the objectives is removed (I mean, having to hand them in which causes them to vanish). That and the prizes are different so we may update ours to make use of quest item flagging system which would be a lot better for players instead of having to drag the bag onto the NPC after you've crafted something.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:4680, old post ID:30564
jrhather

Post by jrhather »

Death wrote:better for players instead of having to drag the bag onto the NPC after you've crafted something.
but that's how i made a decent amount of $$ on Duhmise! ...picking up mis-dropped bags, leather, etc ;)

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:4680, old post ID:30576
Death

Post by Death »

jrhather wrote:
Death wrote:better for players instead of having to drag the bag onto the NPC after you've crafted something.
but that's how i made a decent amount of $$ on Duhmise! ...picking up mis-dropped bags, leather, etc ;)
Oh there will still be plenty of craftsman satchels littering the floor.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:4680, old post ID:30579
Dollpartz

Post by Dollpartz »

Crafting system is great on valor. Don't know why Dru keeps bitching.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:4680, old post ID:30586
d.

Post by d. »

Dollpartz wrote:Crafting system is great on valor. Don't know why Dru keeps bitching.
My thoughts exactly.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:4680, old post ID:30590
Plastic Man

Post by Plastic Man »

d. wrote:
Dollpartz wrote:Crafting system is great on valor. Don't know why Dru keeps bitching.
My thoughts exactly.
As odd as it maybe for once we all agree on something. Except Dru that is but I think that may say something in and of itself.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:4680, old post ID:30645
I'm as Cool as the Harrower. Tentacle Rape!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

lol
not really. I am asking for a system that is logical and actually makes some kind of sense?
most of ya missed that point i think

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:4680, old post ID:30648
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

its odd that i have gotten more rewards from the bods I get back then from the quests I am given then is it?

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:4680, old post ID:34274
onykage

Post by onykage »

thats just the way the current crafting system works. At one time i had books full of logs of bods quests, and what i found was 2 things. A the chance of getting a large high value quest is about 1-20, then the ratio of recieving a reward equal to that high value quest was 1-10, thus giving you a total ratio of around .4% chance to actually get some nice bod rewards. Ive seen people spend 1/10 the resources and time and come out with better rewards, then seen others spend triple what i spent and not get jack. Its like the roulette wheel, alot of real live karma is involved. Sometimes you win some, most of the time you lose it.

The point is, do the quest and dont worry about the reward. The less you try to get a specific item or reward the more likely you are to get it. Just like in life, the less you want it to happen the more it does and vice versus.

Same thing with getting arties, the more you want it the less likely you are to get it. So, turn off [artychance and just play to play. When you get rewarded be happy the rest of the time, just play. You may be shocked that in doing so, you come out way ahead of where you were before you started to play that way.

The rest of the stuff is basic modification of the systems which will happen in due time, but believe me when i tell you that when we start modding these systems, the chance for you to get rewards is not going to get any better. If anything, they will get worse but be more predictable as to what you will get when you do receive a reward, based on the time of the last reward given. EG. AoA's drop too often, ML's not often enough, doom is a crap shoot, and the crafting system is like playing pin the tail on the squirrel accept there is no squirrel, its actually a Supreme AW.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:4680, old post ID:34311
www.onykage.com | www.q3schools.com
If I shoot you in the face with a green thorn, would you spawn an attitude?
ggkthx

Post by ggkthx »

Drucilia wrote:its odd that i have gotten more rewards from the bods I get back then from the quests I am given then is it?
That's impossible, as the BODs were themselves rewards.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:4680, old post ID:39068
I didn't choose the Fel life, the Fel life chose me.