how to get back old members and bring in new

Feedback, issues or suggestions for the forum
michaelk1993adg

Post by michaelk1993adg »

there is nowhere near enough people to talk to I am getting really bored there is about 10 people who are on daily and thats not enough at all the most people Ive ever seen online is six so any suggestions maybe red will see them and decide to use them maybe your idea will be used that would be cool

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3081, old post ID:56900
http://web.wilson.k12.pa.us/buildings/so/s...mp3%20page.html this is a song my strings class plays. Bet You're jealous. Nerds.
Chris Vogel

Post by Chris Vogel »

The Web is saturated with general-discussion forums like these, and the odds are against them being successful. However, if we want to be an exception, we need something unique and exciting enough to keep people here instead of there.

That’s easy enough to understand, but finding that something will be much harder.

I don’t have any ground-breaking suggestions yet. Just the usual: cut down on the pointless posts, be nice, stay on topic, etc. I don’t think that will be enough, but it’s a step forward.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3081, old post ID:56910
Reaper

Post by Reaper »

Chris Vogel wrote:
Just the usual: cut down on the pointless posts, be nice, stay on topic, etc. I don’t think that will be enough, but it’s a step forward.
Great place to start.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3081, old post ID:56956
Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time.
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

Six people online at one time is a huge amount for this forum. What I do to keep from getting bored is have three forums that I post at. I used to keep up with about seven, but I've cut down.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3081, old post ID:56969
Stasi

Post by Stasi »

michaelk1993adg wrote: there is nowhere near enough people to talk to I am getting really bored there is about 10 people who are on daily and thats not enough at all the most people Ive ever seen online is six so any suggestions maybe red will see them and decide to use them maybe your idea will be used that would be cool
Get a hobby, seriously. Since I've had more creative projects that I work on, one forum is enough for me, and if there aren't any posts or threads I feel like replying to, I don't feel bored and let down since I've got plenty of other things to do.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3081, old post ID:56978
scherzo

Post by scherzo »

I don't reply to every topic i read, however membeship issues, this board holds its own. It has been my experience everyboard has it's regular members and even if your membership is 60,000 you will still only find 6 people who post regualarly. Even with board mergers you will still find yourself with the same amount of regualr members.

The issue has always been 'topic' starters, no one really feels like reading 100 pages of the 'longest thread' to catch up on what is going on, and no one feels like sifting through 5 pages to see if someone replied to what was said in the longest thread

aside from new topics, making members feel welcome is always a good idea for having members stay and participate. nothing makes a member feel more welcome than for their posts to be recieved positivlely

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3081, old post ID:56979
michaelk1993adg

Post by michaelk1993adg »

Stasi wrote:
michaelk1993adg wrote: there is nowhere near enough people to talk to I am getting really bored there is about 10 people who are on daily and thats not enough at all the most people Ive ever seen online is six so any suggestions maybe red will see them and decide to use them maybe your idea will be used that would be cool
Get a hobby, seriously. Since I've had more creative projects that I work on, one forum is enough for me, and if there aren't any posts or threads I feel like replying to, I don't feel bored and let down since I've got plenty of other things to do.
I have a lot of hobbys but most of them are hard to do during the winter and the others bore me already I go through tons of hobbys a year but some only last a while. but some do last quite long

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3081, old post ID:56990
http://web.wilson.k12.pa.us/buildings/so/s...mp3%20page.html this is a song my strings class plays. Bet You're jealous. Nerds.
TheSpaceAgeDude

Post by TheSpaceAgeDude »

Lol, I thought that this forum was pretty lively, not because of how low the amount of people that come on is but because alot of you are on like always and always reply pretty quickly and it also helps that I go on more then 10 other forums, always posts and replys really..

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3081, old post ID:57048
Image Image Image Run , Pig , Run , Here , I, Come ..