I Need a new AV

Firewalls, routers, servers, switches, SANs, PBXes, security and related topics
Triple6_wild

I Need a new AV

Post by Triple6_wild »

Application Hijacking has been detected
The application: D:Program FilesAviraAntiVir PersonalEdition Classicsched.exe  try to launch another application: C:Program FilesuTorrentuTorrent.exe  to go to remote host  83.8.28.229
IP is a Poland addy wtf also found TR/Buzus.ajix.2 which was downloaded a few months back hidden in an .exe for my pseye but I ended up getting busy and never had to use the program and don't think I actually launched it but still can't find any info on that specific version of the virus.

Ive never liked or trusted avira antivir for AV so anyone have a suggestion for something better and preferably lighter? PC has started to act strange recently so I want something good to scan with though I don't think there's an active virus, probably just a little bit of ad-ware but It's about time for a full tune-up anyways.
Already know a few good ad-ware programs but anti virus well I don't have anything I like aside from nod32 but there hasn't been updates in few years so it's useless now.

Ideas? If it's an AV that runs 24/7 then it must be light on system resources. If it can be set up to full scan/update on demand only then it doesn't matter how heavy it is.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:5154, old post ID:39358

Wait what?
Red Squirrel

I Need a new AV

Post by Red Squirrel »

I use Avira. It has adware in it but there is a small "hack" to stop it. Basically you block "avnotify.exe" from executing using a group policy.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:5154, old post ID:39361
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
rovingcowboy

I Need a new AV

Post by rovingcowboy »

i still use avg free. it does all the stuff for me encluding updating since it has timers you can set for that, i've heard though that some systems have trouble with it.

of course that is power for the course, as every system is different, which is why there are so many apps doing the same thing one might work when the other might not.?

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:5154, old post ID:39376
roving cowboy/ keith