(Turing + school)|(help + google)==iceteks

Website development, web apps, desktop/server apps, mobile apps and any other coding
onykage

Post by onykage »

Turing, as in turing machine? or Finite state Machine?

i looked up some code examples of turing, it looks ALOT like cobal or fortran. My question is if your going to teach programming to beginers, why start with such an ancient language, when the concepts of the OO language are so far surpassed the older languages.

When i was in college they started programming beginers out on JAVA j2se. Now more and more colleges/schools are starting to use .net2 or .net3 for their starters or atleast vb.

Either or

Im pretty literate with fortran which as i said isnt much different from turing or cobal. And i'll be happy to help any of you new guys out with some examples or some code basics.

Just post a msg in this forum or pm me.

*note* NO, i wont do your homework for you.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:5071, old post ID:38953
www.onykage.com | www.q3schools.com
If I shoot you in the face with a green thorn, would you spawn an attitude?
Red Squirrel

Post by Red Squirrel »

Yeah I find that funny as well.

Too me the first language they should teach is C/C++. Then move on to .net but teach that C++ is "standard" while .net is propiatory (MS). Thats something that has to be clear as there is more to coding then just MS based stuff so if they jump right in .net it paves a narrow path away from cross platform coding.

Java is also a good place to start. But thnk C++ is better as you can teach without the OOP then teach the OOP once the basic concepts are understood.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:5071, old post ID:38960
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!