Easter Egg Hunt 2021! April 2nd - April 11th

Shard events
Death

Post by Death »

[size=18pt]The Easter egg hunt returns this year![/size]

The event will run from April 2nd to April 11th, 2021. The event items will be removed on April 12th, 2021

Visit the Easter bunny in Yew in Trammel. All Easter eggs collected in Trammel can be turned in by double clicking the egg statue outside the Heartwood.

What are the prizes?

- Chocolate Easter Bunny
- Staff of Sparks (Easter themed fireworks launcher)
- Pigment Ticket (1 use)
- Easter Basket full of hot cross buns and shortbread cookies and a ham (skill deed) and lamb chop (power scroll)
- Random artifact deed (double click to get a random arty)
- Pet bonding deed (Instantly bonds a pet)
- Commemorative Easter Egg in exotic colors
- Squirrel's Acorn (Locked down in your home, summons a squirrel friend)
- Easter Bunny costume (turns you into a bunny with an exotic color)
- Springtime Robe (HPR3, Phys 5%, Cold 5%)
- Rebirth Talisman (SR2, HPR2, Luck 50, Cold 10%. Summons a pixie)

Are the eggs only found in Trammel?

- The eggs can only spawn on the overworld of Trammel
- The eggs WILL NOT spawn in dungeons.

I've searched for hours and I haven't found a single egg

This can be due to many different scenarios. Here's a few tips:

- Hold down CTRL + SHIFT keys to pop up objects/items around you. If you notice a pop up that says 'smoke bomb' or has the word 'egg' in it, you may have possibly found an egg (Smoke bomb pops up initially as the Easter eggs use the same image. After a few seconds they will change names. Feel free to pick them up at any time though).

- Keep in mind that other players may also be searching for eggs. If you are searching in high traffic areas or in areas where players have already been, then the eggs may have already been collected.

- If you are in a dungeon or if you are in a facet other than Tokuno, you will not find any Easter eggs.

How many eggs are spawned and when do they respawn?

There are 4 spawners, one for each type of Easter egg rarity. Currently, every 30 seconds a new egg will spawn if the spawner maximum has not been reached

There are over 600 eggs that spawn in various types around Trammel. Common and uncommon eggs are more frequent but if you are lucky you might also find a rare egg or the ultra rare golden eggs! As the event starts to dwindle and approach the end, less eggs will start spawning around the world.

Also, as players collect the eggs, there will naturally be less laying about until a new one respawns. Staff will manually respawn the eggs periodically in order to swap up the egg spots and to free any trapped eggs (See next point).

I found an egg but I can't grab it!

There are times when an egg will spawn in an unreachable location. You can try your best to find a way to reach the egg to grab it (Use teleport and CTRL + SHIFT). If you still cannot reach the egg, it's best to let it go and not waste any time trying to obtain it. There are plenty of other eggs around the world.

Spawners are periodically refreshed to reshuffle and respawn the eggs. If an egg was stuck, it will be moved to a different location. If the spawners were not refreshed, the eggs would still have decayed on the ground as part of the item decay process (Which is about 48 hours).

Staff will not move trapped eggs to a player's location. This is what the spawner refreshing process is for.

Can I trade eggs? Do I need to turn them in using the same character?

Yes. You are able to trade eggs to other players. If another player wishes to offer you something else for your eggs, then you are free to trade.

If an egg has been redeemed and converted into points, the points are bound to the player that brought the egg in. These points CANNOT be transferred to another player, however, you can redeem a reward which can then be transferred to another player.

Make sure you turn in all your eggs on the SAME CHARACTER. The collection is player bound, not account bound.

Can we save eggs/points for next year?

It would be best to use up all your points as collections may change in the future from being character based to account based.

Will the collection be removed after April 11th?

Although the last day to collect eggs is April 11th and the event will be stopped on the 12th, the collection will remain in the city of Yew in Trammel. You can redeem your points for prizes at any time during the year, but you will have to wait until next year to collect more eggs.

<hr>
We hope everyone enjoys this year's Easter event and has a safe and happy long weekend this spring!

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6870, old post ID:39704
Death

Post by Death »

Update!

Just a head's up, new rewards will be added to the collection at a later date.

Continue collecting eggs as you normally would and turn them in to add points to your character to redeem the newer rewards when they become available.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6870, old post ID:39706
Daelan

Post by Daelan »

I was eggy hunting yesterday (Thanks for the heads up Death Sorry forgot how to global chat)
Back to eggy I found a gold egg and there was no blue button to click on to add it to the total.
Tried logging in, out, passing it to another player, but no go.
With a hour left on the egg I found another one, it did not work either.
Also the one I found second also had the same timer on it as the first.

Meaning that when I fount the first it had 2 hours on it and latter the second gold egg had an hour on it when I found it. Not a big deal with the timer, but no button kind of is.

Ok Fun point "- Squirrel's Acorn (Locked down in your home, summons a squirrel friend)"
Oh no you get 5 or so little friends running all over, I also have a Robin Egg that still works from like FOR EVER ago.
I Locked them down on Porch of Keep in Fel, figger they will make a better door bell than a wind chime. (Squirrels and Birds running all over wil get my attion better than Chimes)

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6870, old post ID:39707
Not Everday Will Someone Make You Happy
BUT
Everyday Someone Will Piss You Off
Death

Post by Death »

Thanks for reporting. The wrong type of golden eggs were spawning (they were from a previous Easter event). I've corrected them and refreshed the respawner so the correct eggs should now spawn.

To public chat, use the following:

[c your message here

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6870, old post ID:39708
Daelan

Post by Daelan »

Thank you for all the help.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6870, old post ID:39709
Not Everday Will Someone Make You Happy
BUT
Everyday Someone Will Piss You Off
Death

Post by Death »

Just a reminder that the Easter egg hunt event wraps up today and will be shut off starting tomorrow. The egg collection statue will remain all year round but no new eggs can be obtained until next year. Eggs can be turned in up until May 1st, 2021, at which point they will expire.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6870, old post ID:39712
Death

Post by Death »

The egg hunt has ended for 2021 and will return next year. Please turn in your eggs to the collection before May 1, 2021 as the eggs will expire at this time.

There are some new rewards that will appear in the collection in a future update (ETA end of April) if you want to turn in your eggs and save your points.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6870, old post ID:39715