AOV Veteran Questions

Anything regarding UO or Age of Valor
Death

AOV Veteran Questions

Post by Death »

Greetings AOV!

We are looking for some responses from AOV veterans who are still playing on the shard or who still visit and peruse the forums. We are looking for your opinions on the following questions:

- When did you start AOV and how many years have you been playing (you can also check your account age by double clicking the scroll on your paperdoll in game, or you can use your forum join date)

- Would you be opposed if we allow AOV veterans of a certain account age to be able to use their veteran reward picks to claim past AOV nostalgia/anniversary items for a limited or permanent time frame (examples: anniversary standing statues, anniversary cakes, some old event items such the black cat pets, etc)

- Please let us know what nostalgic/anniversary AOV gifts you remember from previous events and years.

- Would you be opposed if we allowed AOV veterans of a certain account age the ability to turn in previously claimed veteran rewards to exchange them for an additional veteran reward pick for a limited or permanent time frame?

- Which veteran rewards that are currently not on AOV, are you most interested in? Please use this link as a guide: https://www.uoguide.com/Veteran_reward

We appreciate any feedback you can provide!

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6822, old post ID:39500
ggkthx

AOV Veteran Questions

Post by ggkthx »

Started roughly 11.5 years ago.

Red Soulstone fo sho.
Those Portals are kind of cool, but I can also recall so meh.
Bloody Pentagram
Tree Stump
The skill items like sewing machine, etc are kind of cool though I think I'd like them more as deco than to use them.
Ankh (regular and/or of Sacrifice)
Mining Cart
Rugs
House Teleportation Tiles
Garden Shed, just cuz they look neat.

Any other deco items would be cool too, like broken chair, bookshelf with books, stuff like that.
Pigment room tickets?
Past AoV items, snowmen, cakes, xmas trees.

That's everything I can think of at the moment.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6822, old post ID:39501
I didn't choose the Fel life, the Fel life chose me.
Nexus Graveheart

AOV Veteran Questions

Post by Nexus Graveheart »

Started just over 13 years ago.

I've got no problem with expanding vet rewards.

I can remember fighting poutine elementals in Doom once and they dropped bowls of poutine. I think I lost all mine when the houses collapsed. There was a Halloween event once where we fought Jason. I've still got his mask. I'm struggling to remember many others aside from the Easter and Halloween events.

As far as the OSI ones, I'm most interested in:
- The resource giver ones (ore cart, tree stump, etc)
- The 5000 charge tool ones
- Davies' Locker
- House Teleporters
- Ankh of Sacrifice (Plus one for pets)

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6822, old post ID:39502
Shanks

AOV Veteran Questions

Post by Shanks »

a lil over 13 years ago

I think changing anything is fine at the moment

I dont have to many AOV gifts i even remember at this point. its just been so long and i was too young lol. I did love the sith lord stuff thats been converted to pirates

not opposed to any of those changes, ore cart and tree stumps would be nice to see for sure.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6822, old post ID:39509
Death

AOV Veteran Questions

Post by Death »

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Seems to be that many of the players are over 10 years veteran status and that most players are looking for the crafting charge house addons, res ankhs and the resource giving items (tree stumps, rugs, ore carts, etc).

I will have a look at the previous AOV rewards that were released in the past and see what we can do with those, maybe as tokens that can be used to redeem anniversary/AOV items. For the xmas trees and other xmas decorations we can possibly add these as well but they are quite easy to get and come around every Christmas so would want players to be informed about these so that they don't use up a veteran reward point if they don't have to.

The sith/star wars themed stuff is still in the game, just not spawned naturally around the world. We could have a yearly event on May 4th for a couple of days so that players can still enjoy the content.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6822, old post ID:39510