Buying 120 Mining Scroll

Buy, sell, or trade items here. Big or small!
DOCTOR THUNDER

Buying 120 Mining Scroll

Post by DOCTOR THUNDER »

Not sure if any are still out there, but I would like another one.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6557, old post ID:38251
The polite PK.Image
ggkthx

Buying 120 Mining Scroll

Post by ggkthx »

I think I would pay 25 million or more for this but I doubt anyone has one.
I actually do have one, but I need one that I can eat. Don't want to eat the one I have. :(

Our luck one or both of us would pay a small fortune for one and then they'd somehow be available again lol

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6557, old post ID:38262
I didn't choose the Fel life, the Fel life chose me.
Death

Buying 120 Mining Scroll

Post by Death »

I don't see a reason why we can't just add these back in. Originally, I think they were removed because they bugged out with the mining gloves and the special mining bonus.

Other than that I don't see a reason why we can't add em back in.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6557, old post ID:38263
DOCTOR THUNDER

Buying 120 Mining Scroll

Post by DOCTOR THUNDER »

Actually there is a very good reason not to add any more, I think I have the only legendary miner that is active on the server... Just kidding.

A lot of people like to mine, both afk or by actually playing a miner. Having a little boost is fun. It seems to give about a 10% bonus to the amount of colored ingots you mine, and it helps with smelting valorite.

If you add them in, would it be a crafting or spawning reward?

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6557, old post ID:38264
The polite PK.Image
dprantl

Buying 120 Mining Scroll

Post by dprantl »

How about adding back the Paracelsus champ too? Isn't that where those scrolls used to drop from?

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6557, old post ID:38265
DOCTOR THUNDER

Buying 120 Mining Scroll

Post by DOCTOR THUNDER »

Yeah, the Paracelus champ was great. That doesn't spawn any more? I remember it got a little more challenging after the ore elementals got special abilities.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6557, old post ID:38266
The polite PK.Image
ggkthx

Buying 120 Mining Scroll

Post by ggkthx »

Bringing that champ back and having that be the only champ that can drop a mining PS would actually be awesome. It would make them less of a handout as every other scroll that you can just get from coon is.
Would keep it kind of rare, for awhile anyway, and yet they'd exist again which is infinitely better than them not dropping.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6557, old post ID:38267
DOCTOR THUNDER

Buying 120 Mining Scroll

Post by DOCTOR THUNDER »

And I would REALLY like deathblade summoners to only take up ne slot like they used to. It would make the mining spawn almost as easy as it was before... Garlic and I used to do it with 5 deathblades each, and wow.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6557, old post ID:38268
The polite PK.Image
ggkthx

Buying 120 Mining Scroll

Post by ggkthx »

Well, I feel like that's exactly the sort of thing that was changed for a reason.
Just saying.
What I wouldn't give for 1 slot EVs though.
At least with those you're doing something. Shrug.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6557, old post ID:38269
ggkthx

Buying 120 Mining Scroll

Post by ggkthx »

Bump this to try to get 120 Mining PS back and the Paracelcus spawn, if it was removed. I guess I could go look.

Are there any other PS that existed but don't now? I feel like that was the only one cuz it was the only one that was a big deal to still have.

The biggest reason I want it back is the most ridiculous. I think Bubbles has eaten nearly every 120 PS there is, except for that one. So I need one. :)

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6557, old post ID:39035
Death

Buying 120 Mining Scroll

Post by Death »

ggkthx wrote:Bump this to try to get 120 Mining PS back and the Paracelcus spawn, if it was removed. I guess I could go look.

Are there any other PS that existed but don't now? I feel like that was the only one cuz it was the only one that was a big deal to still have.

The biggest reason I want it back is the most ridiculous. I think Bubbles has eaten nearly every 120 PS there is, except for that one. So I need one. :)
Paracelsus still exists, he was included as part of the champ spawn changes. The natural spawn is by dungeon wrong in felucca but it can pop up as a random spawn in T2A fel. Paracelsus doesn't drop the 120 mining PS though. I recall those being removed because the mining gloves bugged out with over 100 mining as it's a mining "bonus" and not a skill bonus. The gloves were never originally designed to take that into consideration as it was a case that would not happen normally.

Not opposed to having 105/110/115/120 mining scrolls available as rewards in the future but some things would need to be adjusted to make it worthwhile, aside from just smelting chances (improved rare gem odds, better luck with mining sand/granite, etc).

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6557, old post ID:39038
ggkthx

Buying 120 Mining Scroll

Post by ggkthx »

Considering what a beating a smelting fail is that would literally be enough of a reason to want higher mining. Not that there's anything wrong with it doing other things also, but for me it's all about not losing a zillion rare ingots on a fail. Alternatively the max mining number I mentioned earlier in the thread could be bumped down. I mean geez, Verite and Valorite ore is rare enough, then it's hard to smelt so you lose some of the already scarce ore you gathered. It's nuts.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6557, old post ID:39039